Monday, March 2, 2009

I don't know where I'm going anymore.

You know, for the last three years of my life, I thought I had everything figured out. I had direction. A purpose. A goal. One goal. School. Then one day I woke up and I realized that I lost my focus. I felt myself slipping. See, for a long time I just became a zombie. A slave to my trade---school. And other than that my life was, for the most part, structured. I had put my thoughts, feelings, and above all else my soul-seeking on hold. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? I now understand this statement, as well as why people always warn others not to bottle up their emotions. I have become for the most part numb, and quite frankly I don't know who I am. I seemed to lose myself, if you will, when I got married and had a child. All of that happened so quickly that I didn't know what to do. So I did what I thought was right. And up until this point I think that I did do most things right. It's just that now I don't know how to find myself again. I have been confined to this "box" for so long that I don't know where to go or what to do when I am by myself. I don't know what I actually want for myself, other than to be successful and to strive to be a better person. My head is filled with all sorts of different scenarios, that seem wonderful, but not very reachable at the moment. I'm torn between doing what I want to do, or sacrificing my desires because of my past decisions. I wish I just had someone that could tell me what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment